Tuesday, January 21, 2014

Xpresso Book Tours: Escape from Eden by Elisa Nader




Escape from Eden by Elisa Nader 
Publication date: August 18th 2013
Genres: Thriller, Young Adult

* I got a copy of this book from the tour organizer in exchange of an honest review.

Since the age of ten, Mia has lived under the iron fist of the fundamentalist preacher who lured her mother away to join his fanatical family of followers. In Edenton, a supposed “Garden of Eden” deep in the South American jungle, everyone follows the Reverend’s strict but arbitrary rules—even the mandate of whom they can marry. Now sixteen, Mia dreams of slipping away from the armed guards who keep the faithful in, and the curious out. When the rebellious and sexy Gabriel, a new boy, arrives with his family, Mia sees a chance to escape.

But the scandalous secrets the two discover beyond the compound’s fa├žade are more shocking than anything they ever imagined. While Gabriel has his own terrible secrets, he and Mia bond together, more than friends and freedom fighters. But is there time to think of each other as they race to stop the Reverend’s paranoid plan to free his flock from the corrupt world? Can two teenagers crush a criminal mastermind? And  who will die in the fight to save the ones they love from a madman who’s only concerned about his own secrets?


Terrific! Not at all what I expected. Mia has been living for the past few years in Edenton, a small community of people that is 'ruled' by a preacher who has been luring people into his fanatical followers. Edenton is suppose to be a new start, help people and provide a safe sense of security and religion. First of all, Escape of Eden is not a religious book, far from it. Elisa Nader knows how to take you for a ride. Escape from Eden was both thrilling and exciting. It's gripping from the very start and kept me indulged and entertained the whole way.

The story itself took me by surprise, and the secrets that Mia found and revealed along the way came unexpected. Thought Edenton is ruled by a preacher who rules with an iron fist and brings his teachings from the bible, the real face of Edenton is ugly and horrible. Mia wants nothing more then to escape this 'perfect' community, so when she starts to question the rules of Edenton she catches the eye of the wrong men.

Gabriel came to Edenton with his family, in hopes that Edenton and the preacher would save him after a horrible tragedy It's the last place he want's to be. Outspoken, proud and defiant, he gives Edenton security a run for their money. When he meets Mia, he knows there is something different about the girl and together they question the community and why do these so called protectors carry guns, why no one was able to leave Edenton and what Prayer Circle really is.

When the preacher starts to show his true colors, escaping from Edenton will be the hardest thing they have ever done.

Really enjoyed this one. Was something different. Could not put it down. I really liked Elisa's story telling and writing. It was surprising, and it flowed really well. I am glad this one gave us a well rounded ending and not ended up with one of those cliffhangers.

There was romance, and secrets, and mystery that kept me guessing and wondering until the very end. There had been some moments that made me pause and question it, but the rest made up for it. I am looking forward to more books from this author.






AUTHOR BIO 
Hi. I’m Elisa. I like cheese and reading and TV show marathons. Writing is scary, but not as scary as, say, Civil War amputations. I’m an Aquarius. Uh… let’s see… I’m not very good at writing my own biography. Or autobiography. I guess this is reading more like a slightly incoherent personal ad.

Tour wide giveaway
Prizes: (US only - picture attached!)

-Signed copy of ESCAPE FROM EDEN
-Silver Dogtag Necklace
-Green Snakeskin Pop Phone headset for for Mobiles

a Rafflecopter giveaway

22 comments:

  1. This sounds like a great mix of romance and mystery! Glad this one took you by surprise.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really was, I was pleasantly surprised.

      Delete
  2. I actually entered to win this after reading your review..something I rarely do. I am loving the sound of this from the suspense to the world. Thanks so much Lily!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kimba! It was very different :) GL

      Delete
  3. This seems surprisingly good, Lily! It reminds me a bit of Gated, a book I really, really liked. These closed, religious communities are extremely creepy, but so great to explore.
    Lovely review, hon!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am now going to have to look up Gated :)

      Delete
  4. Yes, this book is much more than I though it would be. I think the reason I loved it so much is because I didn't expect it. So glad you enjoyed it too. Great review, Lily :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree, it did come quiet unexpectedly especially the whole thing behind Edenton!

      Delete
  5. I would enjoy this as I find books with crazy cults and fanatics fascinating. Thanks for putting it on my radar.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If you do give it a shot, I hope you enjoy it Heidi

      Delete
  6. So glad you enjoyed! I've never heard of this before but I'm definitely intrigued. Great review! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, this sounds good. I love when a book isn't what I expected ... but only when it's in a positive way! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. heh I have to agree with that one.

      Delete
  8. I've read this! It is really good, isn't it. I was on the edge of my seat throughout so much of her story.
    Great review, Lily!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Andrea :D I read your review, so I was very excited about it.

      Delete
  9. Great review, Lily! I love the sounds of this one and the gritty, honesty of it is right up my alley!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Glad to hear you loved it. :D It's new to me, but sounds wonderful. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Sounds like a good read, then! I've seen it around a bit but haven't read many reviews for it. Glad you enjoyed it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Alise :) I agree not many reviews on it, but the ones that are out there really propelled me toward it.

      Delete